The ultra luxury vacation home
- The vast space
- A touch of glamour
- Every comfort and convenience imaginable
The vast space ...
Nothing could ever prepare you for the pulse-quickening experience when you will see for the first time the duo of buildings that make up Julisam – perched high above the idyllic mountain pastures, where the narrow mountain road widens and the view couldn’t be any more beautiful.
Then, when you enter the generous living room of the main house with its breathtaking view from the almost five-meter tall windows from ceiling to floor, it seems that this room hovers over the valley floor like an eagle’s nest, and you take a deeper breath, your chest broadens, and the indescribable feeling of complete relaxation descends upon you and you know in that moment, beyond any doubt, that you have arrived for what will be your dream vacation ...
If you wish to spend time luxuriously with a larger group of people, maybe including children and multiple generations, Julisam with its 2 buildings, kitchens and a total of 10 bedrooms is your personal paradise: Each and every one’s needs are accommodated so that they can take breakfast at their preferred time and have available their favorite media to use.
The guest house has a separate area for the guests’ own staff, if needed, very nearby.
If your group is smaller, you can inquire if only the main building is available for rent at your preferred time: There, with 5 bedrooms and a living room, you have every luxury imaginable, from the swimming pool and the gym to the home movie theater and the delightful indoor play room.
More information is available under: Julisam: Facts and Figures
A touch of glamour
From a distance, you will sense at once that Julisam is special and unique as masterfully expressed in terms of architecture and design:
Naturally rough, almost white and lightly shimmering alpine marble rich in crystal and quartz from nearby Rauris gives the facade its distinctive look that characterizes Julisam’s exterior presentation. Spectacularly bright and elegant, with an aura of glamour and abundant joie de vivre, the facade just radiates light in a variety of ways depending upon the position of the sun.
Architecture and design are alpine in style, yet different:
The light, the view, the regionally sourced construction materials and the service providers with their strong sense of quality: Nowhere else will you feel closer to the Austrian Alps than here, despite the fact that – or maybe because – Julisam feels and looks so different from the very masculine classic alpine buildings with their small windows and dark wood.
The unique location on the sun-drenched south-facing slope, combined with the huge, gently arched windows on all levels of the house – all the way up to the almost cathedral-like swimming pool – brings the light inside the house where it is reflected by the bright, rough marble.
A touch of glamour is also imparted by the shiny lacquer of the grand piano or the shimmering stainless steel of the pool table, continuing in the glimmering Sicis mosaic tile in the bathrooms or the wonderful bathroom fixtures by Graff.
With every comfort and convenience
Besides the delights for your eyes and your soul, there may also be very practical reasons why you may be considering a vacation.
Would you just like to sleep in and maybe relax with a massage?
Or do you need sports and exercise to clear your head completely for once?
Maybe you are fascinated by the proximity to Salzburg and its cultural highlights?
Or perhaps the preferences of those within your group all differ?
Whatever your motivations: Each of these needs will be attended to in an immaculately detailed manner at Julisam.
If you are in need of rest and relaxation, you will find sound sleep behind soundproofed bedroom doors, a selection of pillows with different shapes and firmness levels, and blackout curtains to shield you from the morning sun. Your TV set also goes to sleep when you do and to ensure it doesn’t block your view in the morning, it retracts into the sideboard (if so desired) with a quiet whir until you raise it again ...
To contribute further to your intense relaxation program, your host and concierge, Hannes Altenberger, has personally curated a very special list: This list includes a variety of tried and tested service providers, who are masters of the art of massage, yoga or meditation or are professionals for beauty treatments. All of them would be delighted to make house calls.
The vast array of all the winter or summer sports opportunities in the region are so numerous that they are more than the sports enthusiasts in your group will be able to take advantage of during your stay.
But you may also just stay in and still sink into bed happily exhausted at night: The gym is not only perfectly furnished with equipment by Technogym and Life Fitness but also offers an indoor climbing wall where you can test your skills.
You can cool down after exercising in the 14-meter pool or do a 1,000-meter crawl, if you like.
Perhaps you will join others seeking relaxation in the sauna or whirlpool adjacent to the swimming pool afterwards.
Even unique cultural events can be experienced indoors (of course, that does not mean that we would keep you from visiting the Salzburg festival ...): The Yamaha grand piano has an optional electronic self-playing function which you can use to access any piece of piano music and get any pianist to play it in your living room. Combined with the breathtaking view and the 5-meter ceilings, you will be hard-pressed to find a more beautiful concert hall.
Completely different but no less impressive, you will experience your concert or your favorite movie in the home movie theater with its state-of-the-art 11.1 channel sound system: While the sound emanates from the speaker array, the aural sensation is unbelievable!
And, in addition, you have an image with a 3.6-meter screen and the multimedia artwork of the Leogang starry sky during a blood moon night on the side wall.
Surely you will be aware that all this luxury requires a lot of energy. So we would like to mention that operations at Julisam are entirely CO2-free thanks to geothermal heat pumps, self-generated solar power and the hydroelectric power provided by Salzburg AG. Julisam is the luxury retreat of the future in this respect as well.
And, should you ultimately feel just a little guilty that it’s almost too wonderful to believe that you are spending such an ultra-luxurious vacation here, take heart in the realization that Julisam donates part of your rental fee to an organization assisting children and parents who are less fortunate in life.
Perhaps it’s not possible during a brief stay to experience and enjoy all the magic this ultra-luxury retreat and its beautiful surroundings have to offer.
And so you may wish to come back for this reason.
Because you would not want to miss out on this perfect dream ever again.
Kitzbühel, Salzburg, Zell am See: At the center of everything.
And yet above.
At the center
Whatever you wish for in an alpine vacation: With Julisam, you have reached your destination.
You are at the center of a gigantic winter and summer sports arena (depending on the definition, maybe the world’s largest one); you are at the center of a wonderful natural and cultural environment; you are vacationing at the center of a region with romantic old towns, in the midst of sensational sports and cultural events; and even for a shopping vacation you have come to the right place.
You are at the center and yet hovering above, in your surreally beautiful retreat, 100 meters above the valley floor.
First of all, “at the center” means that your trip here and back home will be quick: For example, if you travel by plane, it only takes one hour by car from the Salzburg airport, 2 hours from Innsbruck and 2.5 hours from Munich.
Sports are the classic motivation for any alpine vacation:
With the SuperSkiCard, Julisam is located at the center of a skiing area with 2,700 kilometers of slopes!
From “Kitzbüheler Streif” over the deep-snow pistes near Fieberbrunn, from Saalbach/Hinterglemm to the more than 3,000-meter Mount Kitzsteinhorn near Zell am See: During your vacation, you couldn’t come close to exhausting the possibilities of this gigantic ski area if you tried.
If you are an excellent skier with great stamina looking for an interesting challenge, try this one: On any day in Leogang and surroundings, you can cover 12,400 meters of cumulative elevation gain and 65 slope kilometers in seven hours without ever using the same lift twice ...
For more information, please check out “The Challenge” on the website of Saalfelden/Leogang.
With 2 cableways to the Asitz mountain, Leogang offers you the ideal start into this huge area. Since the Asitz valley run is north-facing, you can be assured that you can ski or snowboard all the way back to town in any and all snow conditions.
In the summer, this arena is frequented by cyclists, hikers, climbers or simply by those seeking tranquility:
Of course, the most spectacular thing to see are the downhill mountain bikers with their martial outfits.
Over the past few years, a somewhat less spectacular but really nice sport has taken the Alps by storm for a much broader audience: With an E-bike and a manageable effort, you can get to mountain cabins and restaurants you could only dream of in the past.
You don’t have to go up the mountains in order to enjoy the magnificent panoramic views around you: Drive a few kilometers into the valley and you will find a golf course at the other end where you can view the surrounding peaks from below.
Golf in the Alps – surrounded by snow-covered mountaintops – is particularly idyllic, and not only in the spring or fall: Even in the summer, it is a much less sweaty affair than in southern European locations.
Hiking and rock-climbing
The information on the storied network of hiking trails and via ferratas, which have been lovingly mapped by the Saalfelden/Leogang tourism office in its hiking and climbing maps, are only hinted at without an in-depth presentation of the topic here.
In summary: Whether summer or winter – THIS IS THE ULTIMATE SPORTS OFFERING.
Eating and drinking
Of course, there is more to life than sports – even on vacation: Food and drink keep body and soul together, too.
In this respect, you are also right at the center with Julisam: In Leogang alone – without counting the more distant surroundings – 14 stars by Gault-Millau are to be found.
Another form of gastronomy are the wonderful hospitality gardens and alpine cabins in this unique mountain region: A typical Austrian snack after a hike, a bike tour or during a ski day while enjoying the infinite views over mountains and valleys has a quality all of its own.
The issuing organization of the SuperSkiCard has counted more than 700 such cabins and mountain restaurants in its region.
And this could be another sport for which the SuperSkiCard can be used: You start in Kitzbühel, dine your way through Saalbach and on to the breathtaking summit restaurant on Mount Kitzsteinhorn, each day experiencing new epicurean delights on a different mountain ...
The old town centers: Romanticism and shopping
You will have a hard time finding more romantic towns in all the world than around Julisam and the Austrian states of Tyrol and Salzburg:
Let’s start again in nearby Kitzbühel with its trendy restaurants and swanky boutiques.
Salzburg isn’t far either: “Getreidegasse” is famous for its exclusive stores and the fortress affords an unforgettable view of the picturesque old town center below.
When you are driving your car toward the Inntal valley, the sights are located in sequence, almost like a string of pearls. From Rattenberg and Hall in Tyrol to Innsbruck with its “Golden Roof”: A world full of charm and romanticism opens up, in which there are not just kitschy souvenir stores but also fine Austrian foods, folklore fashion and high-quality jewelry, watches and boutiques with designer fashions.
Adventures in nature
With the irresistible beauty of the Leogang valley at your feet and at the foot of the spectacular rock faces of the 2,600 meters high Birnhorn mountain lies Julisam, separated only by a small forest. To the south, the grassy mountains stand in harmony with the valley and all of this is surrounded by breathtaking natural monuments, for example:
Mount Grossglockner with its famous high alpine road Hochalpenstrasse: The “Pasterze,” which can be reached from the top of Hochalpenstrasse, is the largest glacier in Austria.
Via cableway: Mount Kitzsteinhorn with the “Gipfelwelt 3000” viewing platform – a high alpine experience in a class of its own. Warning: Take along warm clothing!
Only 20 minutes by car, witness the Saalachtal valley’s exhilarating power of nature with 2 dizzying gorge hikes and the Lamprechtshöhle cave and experience a fascinating display of nature.
The Hohe Tauern national park with such attractions as the Krimml Waterfalls or the Mittersill national park center are virtually on your doorstep.
All of this is just an example: You are at the center ...
With Julisam, you are also at the center of a constellation of internationally renowned events: above all, the Salzburg Festival with the top stars of classical music and theater. Every year from the second half of July until the end of August.
At any time of the year, attending a concert or opera in Salzburg or Innsbruck is a world class cultural experience.
For cultivated jazz aficionados, there is a three-day, internationally renowned jazz festival in August with artists from all over the world, right on your doorstep.
The best-known sporting event in the closer surroundings, which takes place annually, is the so-called “ Hahnenkamm-Rennen” in Kitzbühel at the end of January, which is regularly attended by many celebrities.
But there are also other things to see all year round: For example, visit an event of the Mountain Bike World Cup, which regularly takes place almost within sight of Julisam: It will take your breath away.
You are at the center. Yet hovering above.
- 3 indoor and outdoor playgrounds
- Swimming, diving, climbing
- Entertainment all around ...
Perhaps you will bring children or grandchildren:
If that is the case, you are in for big eyes and red cheeks from all the excitement: There is so much to do and experience at Julisam and in the surroundings for children of all ages, because Julisam is designed for families with children.
The interactive display screen during the elevator ride from the garage to the residential area has a surprise that will captivate children’s attention so much they will not want to leave: First they are eyed by a pair of curious marmots, then the camera pans past grazing cows over an alpine pasture all the way up to a twittering robin. Simply charming!
When you leave the elevator at Level 2, you will see two great attractions that may make your children insist on coming back year after year:
Swimming, diving and climbing
One is the gigantic indoor pool area (fitted with a locked child-proof door) with the warm, 14-meter pool and a great variety of children’s attractions: from water polo, volleyball and diving games in the pool to jet nozzles spraying heated water inviting children to play. There is even an interactive virtual aquarium and an adjacent whirlpool that parents with small children will find very relaxing.
We keep lots of toys for the pool on hand, from diving masks and beach balls to flotation devices. Of course, there are also swim vests and water wings for safety.
Right next to the pool, the climbing wall at the gym, secured with a thick fall protection mat, invites kids to climb.
The home movie theater is a particular favorite for older kids, since it offers the unique opportunity to use the PlayStation 5 on a 3.6-meter (142 inches) screen. And their younger siblings can get misty-eyed while watching their favorite Disney movies.
Indoor and outdoor playgrounds
On Level 3, children up to age 10 will get excited when they see the indoor playground conceptualized and constructed by Wehrfritz.
And to make sure the older kids won’t get bored, we installed another (large!) TV set with gaming console there, so they don’t get constantly disturbed by the grown-ups – like in the living room or the home movie theater. 😀
For vacations during the warmer time of year, the exterior area offers two outdoor playgrounds, each with a large competition trampoline. Furthermore, there is an approx. 8 meters long slide, sandbox, nest swing, water playground and a small astroturf-covered soccer pitch.
Paradise at your doorstep
Of course, adventures for children during a vacation at the Julisam Retreat do not end at the property line:
There are some of the nicest personal ski instructors and cycling coaches to guide your children in these wonderful sports disciplines and ensure that they have fun, too.
There are also beautiful excursion destinations in the surrounding region for both summer and winter: For example, in summer we recommend a visit to “Klangstation” (Sound Station) at the mid-station of the Asitz lift or the summer sledding slope at Biberg mountain. In winter, younger children can spend time at “Leos Kinderland” in direct proximity of the Asitz valley station while the older ones conquer the mountain with their ski or snowboard instructor.
Of course, all practical needs are covered: For younger children, we are happy to provide children’s beds and chairs and add child safety features to the staircases.
You are our guest, so we will treat you like royalty.
For everything we organize for you, we focus on your wishes exclusively.
Hospitality and service
That’s why Julisam offers not only self-catering or full service but everything in between and beyond.
You may feel like enjoying the luxurious experience of Julisam all by yourself, with your family or your friends, cooking your own meals in complete peace and privacy and only having groceries delivered.
Perhaps you would prefer the chef, the chauffeur and the housekeeper in order to have the freedom to completely let go, without having to do anything – except to relax. Plus a massage therapist and a personal trainer?
Then again, you might just have a completely individualized solution in mind. For example, a dinner menu with multiple courses only on Sunday, accompanied by a chamber music trio around the grand piano at the house, as a diversion from the beautiful peace and quiet of your mountain retreat?
Alternatively, we would also be happy to book a table for you in one of the region’s many top restaurants, drive you there and pick you up again. Or we can take you to an event in Kitzbühel or Salzburg.
Whichever service you opt for: Your wine refrigerator will be stocked with a variety of great examples of viticulture, from a welcome champagne to internationally renowned red and white wines. If you wish to purchase more, we provide you with a lovingly and expertly curated wine list.
We are also happy to take care of the vacation amusement of our youngest guests: from loving child carers at the house to ski instructors on the slope – Julisam is a paradise for children, too.
Hannes Altenberger is your go-to who fulfills all these promises.
He is available as a concierge, coach and organizer around the clock during your stay – by phone, WhatsApp or in person.
He amassed an extensive network of professionals and service providers that includes personal trainers, therapists, chefs, musicians, etc. as well as event and excursion organizers who will be happy e.g. to take you to lunch in Venice by helicopter after you had breakfast on the patio in Leogang ...
These and other possibilities can open the door to making your vacation experience unforgettable.
- Main building only (10 beds, self-catered) starting at EUR 35,000 per week in summer, EUR 45,000 in winter.
- Entire chalet (20 beds, self-catered) starting at EUR 44,000 in summer, EUR 63,000 in winter.
Please inquire about your desired dates and the anticipated number of your fellow travelers:
Facts and Figures
- Only 80 kilometers (50 miles) from Salzburg
- 10 bedrooms
- 14-meter indoor pool, gym, movie theater
- 1,800 square meters of floor space in 2 buildings with 2 living rooms and kitchens
General Information and Technology
- 1,800 square meters of floor space, distributed over 2 buildings
- 10 bedrooms, 8 of them with an en-suite bathroom, and a family suite with a large, shared bathroom
- 10 garage spaces
- Heating system with geothermal heat pumps
- Independent power generation with photovoltaics
- Completely CO2-free operation
- Automatic aeration with air humidification and heat recovery
- Triple thermal insulation glazing
- 2 living rooms with soaring 5-meter cathedral ceilings and floor-to-ceiling high windows, fully equipped gourmet kitchen and dining table for 10 people
- Seating group on a revolving platform
- 2 recessable large-screen TV sets with PlayStation
- 2 effect fireplaces with water vapor
- Yamaha disk grand piano with electromechanical self-playing option
- Stainless steel pool table by Mitchell
Patios and Exterior Areas
- 2 patios, encircling each house
- 2 Napoleon grills with “sizzle zone”
- Hot tub
- 2 shaded dining sets for 10 people each
- 3 lounge sets for 10 people each
- Atrium with fire pit on the wellness level
- 2 large sculptures by David Harber
- 10 bedrooms whose design follows the themes of gold, moss, mountain lake, horizon and flowers
- 8 of these bedrooms include en-suite bathrooms, and one family suite with a large, shared bathroom
- 10 beds with a recessable TV set at the foot of the bed and Sonos sound system
- All bedrooms with double (blackout) curtains
- Sound-insulated doors
- Box spring beds by Wittmann, 5 of them height-adjustable, furnished with a mattress topper upon request
- All bedrooms include high-quality original artwork matching the above-mentioned themes
- All beds 2 x 2 m
Wellness and Exercise
- 14-meter stainless steel pool with waterfall
- Whirlpool with 6 seats
- Play fountain area for kids, with warm water floor jets and virtual, interactive aquarium
- Gym with Technogym cardio equipment and Life Fitness weightlifting station
- Indoor rock climbing wall
- 2 KLAFS designer saunas
- Exterior seating group with shade sail
Julisam for Kids
- 2 outdoor playgrounds with an area of more than 400 square meters: Large slide, fountain play area, small soccer field, 2 competition trampolines, sandbox, swing set, etc.
- lndoor play paradise by Wehrfritz with playhouses, tunnel runs, slide for toddlers, ball pool, toy shop, large screen with PlayStation, etc.
- 5 PlayStations, one with a 3.6-meter screen in the movie room
- Interactive monitors in the elevator (virtual mountain ride) and at the swimming pool (virtual aquarium)
- Child safety features on staircases, bed guards to prevent falls on beds and children’s beds, children’s high chairs
Music and Movies
- Home movie theater with near-wall laser projector by Sony and adjustable leather reclining chairs
- K-Array surround sound system with amplifier by Marantz
- Virtual starry sky with an original photo of the sky over Leogang
- Yamaha disk grand piano with self-playing option
- Professional K-Array sound systems in the living rooms
- Sonos systems in all other rooms
The surroundings: Facts and Figures
At 100 meters altitude, Julisam is perched high above the charming town of Leogang with its historic roots and its ideal connection to a gigantic ski resort. 5 minutes from restaurants and shopping options, 10 minutes from the cableways
Conveniently located between various international airports:
Salzburg ≈ 1 hour
Innsbruck ≈ 2 hours
Munich ≈ 2.5 hours
We would be happy to pick you up and take you there.
Located amidst of some of Europe’s most romantic old towns:
With our chauffeur service or your own car, you can reach
Kitzbühel in ≈ 45 minutes
Salzburg (old town center) in ≈ 70 minutes
Kufstein in ≈ 60 minutes
Rattenberg in ≈75 minutes
Innsbruck in ≈ 2 hours
Helicopter service is available for you to not only experience beautiful panoramic vistas in-flight, but you can also reach Venice in ≈ 60 minutes.
With the SuperSkiCard www.superskicard.com you have
- 2,750 (!) kilometers of ski slopes with
- 900 (!) mountain railways and ski lifts
to choose from.
From the Mt. Kitzsteinhorn glacier at an altitude of 3,029 meters above
- Kitzbühel and
- the Hochkönig region
- to the Dachstein glacier, you can ski a different area every day.
All that with more than 2,200 meters of cumulative elevation gain!
A very special challenge: “The Challenge” – a 7-hour round trip without ever using the same lift twice! 65 slope kilometers, 32 lifts, 12,400 meters of cumulative elevation gain
- 9 snowboarding parks in the closer surroundings of Leogang alone
- Freeriders find their personal paradise e.g. in Fieberbrunn, which, with an annual snowfall of 4.3 meters, has the most abundant snow in the Kitzbühel Alps.
- This is where the Freeride World Tour is held annually.
Saalfelden/Leogang alone has more than 150 kilometers of prepared tracks
Sledding and night sledding on the Asitz and Biberg mountains
- The so-called “Hahnenkamm-Rennen” ski race (at the “Streif” racing slope ) every year at the end of January in Kitzbühel (40 km away)
- FIS 2025 Alpine Ski World Cup in Saalbach, regular alpine World Cup races
- IBU Biathlon World Cup in Hochfilzen
- 4 golf courses within a half-hour drive
- 15 golf courses within a 70-kilometer radius
- Austria’s largest region for biking:
- 9 mountain railways on 7 mountains with 80 kilometers of lines and trails
- Top-grade biking park
- Organizer of the MTB World Championships
- For more information on the endless mountain biking, e-bike and valley cycling trails, please visit www.saalfelden-leogang.com/biken
About 400 kilometers of hiking trails for all levels of difficulty – hiking maps for all skill levels are available at
- Climbing routes in the Steinberg mountains of Leogang or at the Steinernes Meer (“Rocky Sea”) plateau can be found here: www.bergsteigen.com
- There are also two rock-climbing gyms in Saalfelden and Leogang.
Lake Zeller See, which is about 30 minutes by car, is a well-known sailing area, which has even brought forth an Olympic medal winner. For more details, please visit www.esys.org
A paradise for gourmets
- During a one-week stay, you can dine at a different Michelin-star restaurant every night: 14 stars in the gourmet guide Gault-Millau, shared by 7 restaurants, are available in Saalfelden/Leogang.
- Within the SuperSkiCard region, you can visit more than 700 (!) mountain cabins.
- Tripadvisor features about 200 restaurants in Leogang, Saalfelden and Zell am See.
Surrounded by breathtaking nature
The irresistible beauty of the Leogang valley with the spectacular rock faces of the Birnhorn mountain in the north and the harmonious grassy mountains in the south is surrounded by breathtaking natural monuments, for example:
- Mount Grossglockner with its famous high alpine road Hochalpenstrasse
- Kitzsteinhorn mountain with the “Gipfelwelt 3000” viewing platform
- The Saalachtal valley’s exhilarating power of nature with 2 dizzying gorge hikes and the Lamprechtshöhle cave
- The Hohe Tauern national park with such attractions as the Krimml Waterfalls or the Mittersill national park center are virtually on your doorstep.
- Depending on their ages, paradise starts right in the forest behind the house or by the brook at the end of Sonnbergstrasse.
- The Senses Park at the mid-station of the Asitz lift
- Play trails and art hiking trails
- Leo’s Kinderland at the Asitz valley station
- Summer and winter sledding slopes at the Asitz and Biberg mountains
- Ferleiten wildlife and adventure park, Aurach wildlife park near Kitzbühel
- Glemmtal Tree-Top Trail
- High Ropes Park in Saalbach
- Familienland amusement park at Pillersee Valley
- Children’s Paradise Maisiflitzer near Kaprun, etc., etc., etc.